On Thursday 15th November At 8:00pm
The Skerries Mills.
Sustainable Skerries will be running a World Café on 15th Nov. This is a very open and relaxed forum, and a great way to get a discussion going on important topics. We will have small groups of five or six people per table, each table will have a question related to sustainability and resilience in Skerries.
After 10 minutes, everyone except the facilitator will move to another table. We’ve run a couple of these in the past and they’re great craic.
It should lead to some lively debate, everyone can contribute as much or as little as they want.
We’ll be asking questions like:
- “Where did all our water go? Did you know that 50% of our Water leaks into the ground the ground before it reaches our taps?
- “Are we getting all the goodness we can from our food? How can I compost at home?”
- “Are you fed up with our throw-away culture? Would you like to learn to repair things like our parents did?
- Single Use Plastic, “How did we survive before plastic? Is it the consumer or the producer who drives change?”
- Energy Security, Lights out in NI? Where is our energy coming from?
If you are interested in discussing these topics or would like to learn more about them get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know if you can attend.